Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Funco!

I was looking through my shelves filled with reams of paper, trying to find all my old airplane designs (success), and a ballad I wrote in the ninth grade (no success), when I found this:I thought I had gotten rid of all of my old Funcoland price sheets long ago. This is actually, I believe, the last month of Funco price sheets ever give out, July of 2001. I used to go and get a new price sheet at least once a month, if not more, and I still remember the day I went in to get a new price sheet, either late July or early August, and there weren't any stacks of them on the counters. I asked the guy what the deal was, and he said that they weren't going to have price sheets anymore, and that I would have to look up prices online. I believe it was shortly after that that Funco turned into a Gamestop, and they fast slid downhill. Some of the prices on this sheet are pretty funny, like Dragonball GT for the Playstation would only set you back $129.99. Super Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt is only $0.01.

One of my best (worst?) memories of Funcoland is when my dad, my brother and I went in to trade in our NES, fifteen games or so, and a few controllers. They were going to give us around a dollar for most of our games and our controllers, I think two dollars for the NES itself, and I think $10 for Star Trek: 25th Anniversary.

Yeah, my dad decided not to trade it in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home