Wednesday, October 03, 2007

One of the few things...

I like about Grand Forks, is the local corner store. More specifically, it's one guy who works there who's 40-some years old. Every time you go in, he chats with you. Today I went in to buy a 2-Liter of Citrus Drop (generic Krogers Mello-Yello), and I had this conversation with him:

Carl: "Just the mixer uh I mean soda today?"

Me: "Riiiight, just soda."

Carl: "You makin' poor mans margaritas?"

Me: "What's that?"

Carl: "Well what you do is, (while motioning at bottle and looking around to make sure noone else is listening), you drink it down to about here (points to about a 1/3 of the way down the bottle), and fill it the rest of the way up with tequila. That way you can drive uh I mean party all night."

Me: "Ok, I'll have to try that some time. But how does it make you feel in the morning?"

Carl: "I dunno, I was an overnight tow-truck driver."


Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home