Friday, January 25, 2008

Apparently, I'm only in Second Place...


For the oldest Saab on campus.

I knew I didn't have the oldest car on campus, that honor goes to an aviation professor who drives an early to mid 60's sea foam green Studebaker. I also knew I didn't have the oldest Swedish car on campus. That honor goes to a rusty oxidized red Volvo P1800 I've seen around a few times. But I was sure I had the oldest Saab on campus.

Until today.

Up until today the oldest Saab I had seen other than mine was a 9000 that I'm pretty sure was newer than 1991. But today as I was walking out of my math class, hustling to the parking lot at my fraternity to drive to my next class, I looked up at the street and did a double-take.

Idling in traffic was a beautiful slate gray, rust free 1975-1978 (my guess is 78) 99 3-door with Inca wheels and Washington plates. I was shocked, then impressed. I was mostly impressed by the riskiness of having an old Saab up here. Because up here, there are no Saab dealerships (there used to be, but now the closest Saab dealer is in Fargo, and I doubt they would have the know how to fix it).

Maybe this is a sign. Maybe it's time to start the UND Saab Club.

2 Comments:

Blogger D-£ said...

First I think you need to buy a 95.

6:13 PM  
Blogger AP said...

Or, even better, a 95 pickup.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home