Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My (Realistic) Dream Car

I do intend to eventually continue my "Dream Car-Hold" series of posts, but a comment on a previous post made me decide to do a specific post for what my ultimate realistic dream car is.

I've always had a soft spot for Saab 95's. My dad hates 'em, but I love the looks of 'em. I like even more the idea of a Saab 95 pickup. It's got the perfect lines for it.
I would make the rear window look a bit better than that though. The first question when designing my dream Saab 95 pickup, is what model year 95 to start off with? Well, I choose a European 1974:
I just love the look of the grill ad the turn signals. O.K., so what color would it be? Well, I prefer a nice burnt orange, like this:
I would also add some racing stripes and a leather hood strap, like so:
As a final exterior accessory, I would add a front air dam:
I would also retrofit the 5 M.P.H rubber bumpers and the foglamps. The final exterior question is what wheels would it have? Well, I've always been partial to the Sonett III mag wheels:
Let's move on to what would be under the hood. A must would be a hopped-up V4 with a cross-ram intake and all sorts of Saab Sport and Rally goodies, much like this:
Finally, let's move on to interior appointments. I pretty much like the standard 96 interior of the 70's vintage:
I would add A/C, as is shown in this picture (to the left of the steering wheel), and I would make a custom bench seat. For the interior color and cloth, take pretty much exactly what you see here, but make it a light brown. In addition, I'd need a CD player hidden somewhere. Also, that steering wheel just wouldn't do:
There, the wood wheel out of a G.T.750 is perfect.

And that's pretty much it. Maybe a few tweaks here and there, but that's what I envision myself driving on nice sunny days someday.

1 Comments:

Blogger D-£ said...

I will do everything in my power to help you realize this goal. Plus I want one as well, just a 95 not the pickup. Except with a single white racing stripe and leather straps like on a Mini.

In all reality what would this cost? 10 grand, 15 at the outside. Hell you can't get a decent new car for less than 25 these days.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home