Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hours Of Sheer Boredom Interspersed With Moments Of Pure Excitement

Or, Trees: Natures Guardrails

This morning, at the intersection of Custer Trail and Copeland Way, I heard something. Since I'm the only person out at three in the morning, it's pretty damn quiet out, and I hear just about any noise.

As I was throwing a paper up on a doorstep, I heard a car accelerating hard, then screeching tires, then quiet, then more screeching tires, and then a crash.

Cool, I thought to myself, a car crash. So I hoped in my car, and started driving in the general direction of the noise. At first I figured the crash would be on 80th Street, since it's kind of a major thoroughfare. But as I turned on to Corey Path, to get to 80th Street, I saw the crash.

A Pontiac Grand Am or Grand Prix, I'm not exactly sure which, had plowed into a tree right in front of a house. It's a damn good thing the tree was there, otherwise the car would have gone right into the living room of the house. There were two guys standing next to the car in boxers, and one guy who was fully clothed (who I'm assuming was the driver). Within about 30 seconds of my arriving, three squad cars of IGH's finest were on the scene.

I'll be back in the area this afternoon, and I'll get some pictures of the scene to show you all, because I can not figure out how or why someone would have crashed there, unless it was brake failure, or careless/drunk driving.

Two other, shall we say interesting, things have happened on my paper route recently. Last Sunday, as I was delivering a paper to the last house on my route, at about 6 a.m., I noticed there were two guys on their porch, obviously drunk. I asked them, "Hey, you guys want the paper up there?" One of them said "Yeah man bring it over here. You want a shot of Captain?" Against my better judgement, I declined.

And on the Sunday before that, I'm pretty sure I saw two people having sex in their kitchen. I pulled into a cul de sac with four houses, three of which I have to deliver to. I pulled up in front of the house in the middle, and noticed that the lights were on. I realize that it's an odd thing to notice, but the lights at that house are never on. As I got out of my car, I looked through the front door of this house and I noticed a guy, naked, thrusting, with someone else bent over the table. The guy then looked over to his left (at me), and stopped. I just walked over to the house to the left of his, threw a paper on the doorstep, waked over to the house in the middle, and the lights were off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home