Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My Dream 900

I've already posted about what my realistic dream car is, but a somewhat race-prepped Saab 95 pickup isn't very practical for being a daily driver. So what would I have as a daily driver? Well, it's obviously got to be a Saab, and I'm quite smitten with the 900 I have now, so it seems like a logical choice. But as cool as a 1991 3-door 900 Turbo is, I have a more ideal 900 in mind.
A 1980 5-Door would work just about perfect. But of course, a stock 900 just wont do. No sir. First off, the exterior color has to be black:
Also, it has to have a sunroof with a wind deflector:
Oh, and there would have to be Shadow rear window louvers and the rear spoiler:
Fog lamps are a must:
Note that the grill in the above picture is the type of grill and headlight setup I want. The final major exterior factor are wheels. For this car, I don't know what kind of wheels I would want, but I've got it narrowed down to three choices:
I like the look of the Silver Star wheels, and I've never seen them in person before. But I don't know how they'd look. I also really love Shelby's, but on this car I'd want gold Shelby's:
Inca's also look really good:
So what would be under the hood? Well, the obvious choice would be to transplant a 16-Valve Turbo in, but I would put in an 8-Valve Turbo:
I don't know why, but I just like the look of the 8-Valve under the hood. Oh, and I would have a 4-speed manual. Lets move on to the interior, shall we:
The burgundy/maroon cloth interior is perfect for me. And it would have to be cloth, I hate leather.
Also, I would put in a 1979 dash:
The biggest thing I like about the 1979 dash is that instead of a tachometer, there's a big analog clock. Also on the interior, I would install one of these center consoles:
CB Radio, tachometer, oil pressure gauge, temp gauge, ammeter, and a place to keep my cassettes. Oh and on the subject of audio equipment, I would have a cassette deck hidden in the glovebox, and one of these in the dash:
A CD Caddy CD player. Finally, that big chunky steering wheel just will not do:
I think a wood G.T.750 style steering wheel caps the whole thing off nicely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home